Warframe Releases Octavia’s Anthem update on Consoles
Digital Extremes bring the Warframe's first record-breaking PC update of 2017, Octavia’s Anthem, to PlayStation4 and Xbox One today. Marching to the beat of its own drum, Octavia’s Anthem treads a musical theme with Octavia, a dancing, beat-busting Warframe unlike any before it, along with a new quest, and two powerful creative tools sure to get players tapping their feet and posing like Frame-istas.
Octavia's Anthem has Warframe players journeying through an original quest in search of the musically enchanted Octavia Warframe. Along with Octavia comes the introduction of a simple-to-use musical instrument, the Mandachord, which enables players to compose original songs and synchronize them to their weapons to rhythmically dominate the enemy. Music isn’t just a tool of destruction in this update, however, as players can create musical arrangements in cooperation with other Tenno and trade songs. Its flexibility and ease-of-use has inspired throngs of PC influencers and YouTubers to create their own tunes and re-create pop tune favorites en masse.
Watch the Updated Highlight video below.
Aesthetically, the update digs deep into the Warframe glamor life with the high-end capture tool, Captura, which turns average Warframe screen captures into chic shots worthy of framing and hanging. Tenno can capture, edit, enhance, and then share their customized Warframes using the 'Share' button on PS4 and the 'Xbox' button on Xbox One. New Weapons, Helmets, Glyphs, TennoGen and more are also included in this update, available today on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, for free.
Key features in the Octavia’s Anthem update include:
• NEW WARFRAME: Force your foes to face the music with Lotus’ newest warrior, Octavia. Octavia's abilities are powered by the Mandachord, a formidable tool used to mix Melody, Bass, and Percussion into a harmony of destruction. Create cooperatively devised songs with friends in dojos, or download other Tenno-created songs and re-experience Octavia from a different perspective.
• NEW CAPTURA FEATURE: Don your best Fashion Frame, then capture and edit the ultimate image with a variety of filters, graphics and editing tools.
• NEW QUEST: The Octavia's Anthem Quest will have you drawn into the Relay by the vast consciousness Cephalon Suda, whose strange, disoriented behavior warrants investigation. Find out what happened to Cephalon Suda before it’s too late and the knowledge she has collected is destroyed. Beware, Tenno, as darkness lingers.
• NEW WEAPONS: Wield two new weapons designed to work in synch with the Octavia Warframe.
• TENNOGEN ADDITIONS: More than a dozen new skins, Syandana, helmets have been added.