Star Conflict score:
Star Conflict screenshots:
Star Conflict review:PLATFORM
Star Conflict is a free-to-play dynamic space MMO action game in which the player embody a spacecraft pilot who fight in star fleet’s massive battles. Players will take command of various space ships and form powerful alliances to conquer their foes and space as they develop their abilities, establish specialised skills, and perfect their tactics.
- Choose 3 sides, each divided into two factions.
- 3 different ships classes
- Instanced battles for control of the sector
- Several PvP modes and PvE missions
- Use a huge variety of weapons and alien technology
- Completely free-to-play
Three hundred years after the first colonists left Earth, the Galaxy is divided between independent mercenary groups and militant Space Empires. In a remote corner of the Galaxy, in the sector 1337 or also known as the dead zone, the ruins of a great civilization of precursors, have recently been discovered, which has caused that mercenaries and adventurers to flock to the sector to try to find valuable artifacts, without considering the dangers. Many of them, including members of heavily-armed expeditions have disappeared, but those who have managed to return have brought unimagined riches with them. So looters continue to come to find the Precursors’ lost treasures, even fighting among themselves.
And in a Galaxy on the brink of war, and the legacy of the precursors to the fingertips, elite pilots will be in high demand.
In Star Conflict there are 3 opposing sides: the Empire, the Federation and Jericho, and each of them is divided into two factions, so there are a total of 6 different factions. All factions are descendants of humanity, separated into tightly-knit communities by bitter conflicts.
- Empire - The Empire is a huge war machine aiming at expanding the boundaries of the Emperor’s power. Due to their interest in military research, representatives of the Empire are equipped with the best offensive and defensive techniques. Proud and strong, loyal to the Emperor and ready to conquer the universe every day of the year, Imperials are one of the universe’s strongest factions.
- Federation - Also known as the Alliance of Free Worlds, the Federation focuses on trade and doesn’t present any rigid power structure or clear hierarchy. Representatives of this faction bow to no one, but have paid for their freedom with centuries of bloody wars against the Empire. They are characterised by their desire for security, taste for moderate adventure, love of luxury, and exceptional nose for profit.
- Jericho - Descendants to people who were long ago banished from the Earth, Jericho are quite suspicious of and harsh toward strangers. Working hard to improve their technology, they are the most technically advanced faction that possesses superior weapons and modifies their bodies with complex implants to resolve various disadvantages of the physical human body.
Star Conflict is mainly focused on PvP battles between two teams, that's why the game provides a great selection of PvP modes. The game also features PvE missions in which the players can group together to fight against AI controlled enemies.
The game also features a "Custom Battle" mode, which gives players the opportunity to choose the type of game that suits them best.
SHIP CLASSES AND MODULES
The game offers three different ship classes: the fast and agile interceptors the deadly fighters and the resistany frigates. Each type of ship has a specific role which can be improved with several modules that will enable them to exercise roles like Recon, ECM, Gunship, etc
There are specific modules for each role giving special abilities, which provides special abilities hat make it easier for players to determine what course of action they want to choose on the battlefield.
Spaceship modules can be classified as follows:
- Hull - the structure of the ship, which determines its appearance, durability, and what other systems can be installed.
- Shield Generator - generates a power field that serves as a barrier between space and ship.
- Energy Plant - the heart of the ship that generates energy for all weapons, modules, deflector shields and engines.
- Main Module - defining feature of every class that specifies a unique type of behaviour.
- Primary Combat Modules – enhancements systems that determine the ship’s role on the battlefield.
- Secondary Combat Modules - additional systems that improve parameters of a player’s spacecraft.
- Weaponry - basic types of primary weapons that can be installed: laser, energy, kinetic.
- Rocket Compartment - determines how many and what types of missiles the ship can carry.
- Booster - the main engine of the ship, has very low dependence on energy plant capabilities.
- Shunting Engines - auxiliary engines that stabilise the ship in space and provide manoeuvrability.
- Afterburning Engines - auxiliary engines that provide significant acceleration, extremely energy-intensive.
- CPU - AI system that analyses the combat situation and synchronises the operation of other systems.
- EA Emitters - electronic attack devices that serve for locating and tracking enemy spacecrafts on significant distances, as well as for disabling enemy beacons.
Players begin their adventure as mercenaries who work for one of the factions. But to become an elite pilot, it is not enough to buy a brand-new ship. To achieve this, players will have to discover in which role they are best, buy a ship that meets their needs equip it with the best modules that make it stand out in combat.
As players fulfill contracts they'll earn faction loyalty. Pilots with high levels of loyalty get access to the best samples of weapons and modules. And of course, participating in many battles will hone their skills, allowing them to win against even better-equipped opponents.
Minimum system requirements
- OS: Windows XP (SP3)/ Snow Leopard (10.6.X)
- CPU: 2.0 GHz Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon II
- RAM: 1 GB
- HDD: 2 GB of free space
- Video card: 512 MB NVidia / AMD Radeon / Intel with support for Pixel Shader 3.0, Intel 3000, 4000 (AMD Radeon X1000 not supported)
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- OS: Windows 7 (x64)/ Mountain Lion (10.8.X)
- CPU: 2.3 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo / AMD Athlon64 X2 or better
- RAM: 2 GB
- HDD: 2 GB of free space or more
- Video card: 1024 MB NVidia GeForce 650 / AMD Radeon HD 5750 / Intel 4000
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
Website: Star Conflict
Looking for more Free MMO third-person shooter,Free MMOs games?
Star Conflict game