“With nearly 2 million ships sunk on the Burning Sea over the last 2.5 years, our players have been busy,” said Russell Williams, CEO of Flying Lab software. “We have been listening to our players and incorporating their input as much as possible into this new expansion. We’re very proud of what we’ve achieved, as this expansion allows players to reach new levels of power and prestige!”
Power & Prestige expands upon the game’s already stalwart real-time Conquest system, allowing players to not only capture ports on behalf of their parent nations, but to also become a Port Governor with great economic and strategic influence.
Power & Prestige Feature List
Become the Governor of a port! In Power & Prestige, you and your societies can spend influence to elect Governors in ports throughout the Burning Sea. Once elected Governor, you can:
· Display your name under the port’s name in the Open Sea, or choose to share the glory with their whole society. You can also set a message that greets anyone who enters the port.
· Take important economic and military actions such as setting the tax rate of the port, improving the port’s infrastructure, reducing the port’s unrest, and boosting the port’s defenses.
· Draw a salary from the port’s coffers.
· Display a special title while you are governor, and access an exclusive shop to purchase special governor-only items.
We have added more than 60 new missions to the game, using new techniques to produce content that is even more exciting and challenging.
· Added new content to ensure that you can reach Celebrated reputation with your favorite player-friendly factions and be rewarded for it!
· Introduced four new “Pirate Hunter” factions: the Board of Marque, the Men of War, the Salon d’Aventure and the Corsarios del Rey. Each of these new privateering factions has unique storyline missions available to all nations!
· Factions have shops that offer outfitting, customizable clothing and sails to players who have earned sufficient respect.
· Added new repeatable missions as part of Port Governance: Governor’s Requests! Complete the bonus objectives to infuse your favorite port’s treasury.
Avatar skill revision
Avatar Combat skills have been overhauled, and Brawling is now its own distinct fighting school.
Ship Combat Tuning
Every ship in the game has had a significant revision, and we’ve added new features to help combat troublesome outfitting stacking!
Each of our five careers has been given a complete revision, which includes the addition of new skills allowing for more tactical gameplay.
Character Lighting Improvements
Character lighting in towns and other environments has been overhauled to look more realistic.
Check here all you need to know about Pirates of the Burning Sea.