Nords: Heroes of the North score:
Nords: Heroes of the North screenshots:
Nords: Heroes of the North
Nords: Heroes of the North review:GAME TYPE
Free to play MMORTS
Web Browser / Facebook
Head to the land of Shingård, an icy and forest packed landscape where only the bravest and strongest can survive, more so now as the armies of the Cold Legion have arisen from their icy graves under the command of the Ice Queen. Nords: Heroes of the North puts players in the role of a Hero tasked with defending the lands and their own stronghold, offering strategic gameplay that can be played through any internet browser and is completely free to play.
- Professional voice actors taking on the key roles including Patrick Warburton (Family Guy, Seinfeld, Rules of Engagement, Men in Black II) as King Björn the Awesome himself
- Create your own hero, train their skills and equip them with legendary items
- Build up your stronghold, gather resources and train a huge military force
- Take on quests to battle the undead Cold Legion
- Browser based gameplay
- Completely free to play
The game primarily focuses on combat driven strategy, whether facing off against the AI Cold Legion or competing against other players as they raid each other’s strongholds to assert dominance, gain glory and earn great reward. Players will have to collect resource, construct their stronghold’s building, unlock Blood Pacts and train up their own army to defend against their enemies and rivals and actively crush them into the ground!
Within a Lord Marshals stronghold they are able to construct a number of buildings that will help with the running of their growing empire, such building types are:
- Resource Buildings – These buildings allow the player to create the primary resources needed to develop a stronghold, including a Mushroom Patch, Fisherman’s Hut and Fire Ale Brewery.
- Storage – Both Storehouses and Alehouses will allow a Lord Marshal to store their acquired resources, either from their own production, as rewards or as the spoils of battle.
- Unit Buildings – To train up certain units players will need to construct specific buildings to get access to them including the Elven Enclave, Orc Stockade, Dragon Hatchery.
- Catacombs – Useful for hiding resources and units if your Stronghold comes under attack so that they will not be destroyed, though units will not help defend a Stronghold if they are stationed here.
- Defenses – All manner of wall defenses can aid in defending a stronghold, ranging from Siege Turrets and Cannons they are vital to the players ultimate survival.
All buildings can be upgraded to increase capacity, power and resource output
Resources are consumed by most actions, particularly when constructing or upgrading buildings as well as training new units, units also require a constant source of resources as maintenance cost to keep them fighting.
Another key resource is Emeralds, a premium resource that can be earned from time to time in game but also purchased with real world currency. With Emeralds players can use the Black Market to purchase a variety of things including missing resources that they may require, boosts to increase production and travel time, Scrolls of Negotiation to update Blood Pacts, unique dragon units as well as the ability to heal any fallen units as opposed to simply retraining new ones (which takes longer).
Lord Marshals must work alongside the other factions and sign Blood Pacts to learn new abilities, unlock new functions, gain access to new buildings and ultimately be able to train new types of units from the four main factions. The Blood Pacts are in the style of a research technology tree and so certain Pacts can only be access by unlocking those Pacts in the chain leading up to it, similarly there are often certain building level requirements before a Blood Pact can be signed.
There are dozens of units that can be access through unlocking Blood Pacts:
- Northman Beast Master – Riding atop his bear mount this powerful warriors role is typically identified in their youth where they are given a great feast then banished to the woods to hone their abilities, call back when they are required to help protect the stronghold.
- Orcish Ogre – Walking, growling and stinking siege engines they have an insatiable lust for battle making them ideal up front offensive combatants.
- Elf Mage – A tentative relationship is held between both Northmen and Orcs to the Elven magic, on the one hand they don’t trust elves, but on the other hand they can incinerate their enemies in mystical blue fire and so it pays to have them on your side.
- Dragon Nightstalker – The closest living relative to the Great Dragons they are the only remaining true firebeathers in existence and are without a doubt the strongest offensive unit of their kind.
Website: Nords: Heroes of the North
Looking for more Free MMO Browser-based games,Free MMORTS,Free MMOs games?
Nords: Heroes of the North game