( Play more Free MMO Browser-based games,Free MMORTS,Free MMOs games )
The game is a free-to-play, browser-based MMORTS, set in Europe during the golden age of discovery, the Renaissance era. Fortuna offers players a deep combat system and a huge selection of options as they develop their humble settlement into a powerful empire, amassing huge armies to lead them into battle, forming alliances and undermining enemies at every turn to tip the scales of power in their favour.
- 3 noble families vying for influence and control
- A war torn world full of conflict and political intrigue
- Player alliances, trade and diplomacy
- City development and management
- Robust combat system offering plenty of strategy options
- Powerful generals to recruit
- No download required
In the game you can choose to join one of these major three noble houses:
Tudor - The Welsh house of Tudor reigns over England, extending their power into Ireland and France. Believing that the ends justify the means, they amass a powerful navy, fight bloody wars, and brake away from the Roman Catholic Church.
Medici - Extremely successful in financial business throughout Europe, the Medici gradually gain political power in Florence. The Italian Renaissance flourishes under their rule, due to their sponsorship of famous artists and scientists including Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and Galileo.
Fugger - A prosperous German family of merchants and bankers, the Fugger hold a monopoly on silver, copper and mercury mining. They lend money to kings and emperors which results in great political influence.
Regarding buildings, Fortuna features 26 different types in total, ranging from dwellings and commercial sites to churches and military buildings. Constructing and upgrading buildings increases the city's prosperity. The most important ones are:
- Farm - The farm produces timber, stone, food and iron.
- Barracks - Barracks are erected to recruit soldiers for the player’s army.
- Training hall - This building allows improving the skills of recruited heroes through passive training.
- Academy - The academy unlocks new technologies and military units and also improves already unlocked units.
- Apothecary - This building produces bandages to heal heroes that were injured in battle.
- Embassy - Through the embassy, players are able to join or create alliances with others to support each other with troops, etc.
- Protestant church - The protestant church puts people to work at the farm and in the storehouse, increasing farm resource output and storehouse capacity.
- Storehouse - The storehouse stores the resources and can also convert them into other types for a fee of 1 Gold Coin.
Military units in the game can be classified as ranged and melee infantry, ranged and melee cavalry, and siege weapons, each group containing several units that can gradually be unlocked:
- Archers (considerably long-ranged shots, low defences)
- Musketeers (precise marksmen, less damage in close range)
- Crossbowmen (shots penetrate heavy armour)
- Javelineers (limited protection by wooden shields)
- Militia (very basic training and without superior equipment)
- Pikemen (able to stop charging enemy cavalry)
- Swordsmen (equipped with heavy armour and superior shields)
- Slayers (powerful soldiers with heavy plate armour and two-handed swords)
- Musket Cavalry (gunmen on specially trained horses)
- Javelin Cavalry (superior speed, harassing enemies with spears)
- Longbow Cavalry (experts at drawing in the enemy by pretending to be defeated)
- Crossbow Cavalry (great versatility and manoeuvrability through lighter weapons)
- Scouts (specialised in ambushing the enemy's siege weapons)
- Outriders (excellent overall offensive and defensive power)
- Knights (equipped with heavy armour and powerful maces)
- Cavaliers (superior defence, powerful charges, high costs)
- Catapults (first siege weapons to be unlocked)
- Cannons (stunning cannonballs, less damage in close range)
- Balistae (unlocked and upgraded in the Academy)
- Mortars (last siege weapons to be unlocked)
There are four resources players have to collect in order to develop their hamlet into a flourishing metropolis: timber, stone, food, and iron. While timber, stone and iron are needed for constructing and upgrading buildings, food is used to pay for military units. All resources are produced at the player’s farm.
Prosperity defines the city level and is gained by constructing and upgrading buildings in the player's city or satellites. If the city is successfully invaded by enemy forces, prosperity will take temporary damage that recovers over time. This can partially be accelerated by hiring an Artisan NPC.
If prosperity drops through a level barrier, the city's level will also temporarily decrease, not harming the existing buildings, but shrinking the player's farm.
- Web browser
- Internet connection
Looking for more Free MMO Browser-based games,Free MMORTS,Free MMOs games?
Deja tu comentario
You must be logged in to post a comment.