DarkEden review:Developed by Softon Entertainment for Windows.
DarkEden is a free-to-play massively multiplayer online role-playing computer game in isometric projection or 3/4 perspective. It is the first MMORPG in the horror genre. The game revolves around the everlasting war between humans and vampires in a region called Helea located in a fictional country of Eastern Europe known as Eslania.
Vlad Tepes, Elizabeth Bathory and Gilles de Rais, three of the twelve master vampires, form an alliance and enter the mountainous area of Helea, killing every person they find. They then attempt to awaken Lilith, the mother of all vampires, so that they can have her power. Opening her tomb does not awaken her, but it does create a cloud over Helea that blocks the sun, making Helea a dark eden for vampires.
The human world responded by isolating the region and sending in their militaries to try to rid the area of vampires.
The master vampires soon discover that the only way to gain the power they seek is to search for the pieces of Lilith’s soul, which were scattered about the area of Helea. Unwilling to share this power, they break their alliance and begin a civil war.
Later, an ancient race of people known as the Ousters awakens from their long sleep and are shocked to see what the vampires and humans have done to Helea. They begin to attempt to wipe them from the area.
- Unique Subject And Genre: Unlike other MMORPG's, this game takes place in a near-future environment with vampires as its unique subject. A modern horror fantasy environment has been constructed with a mix of classic Asian fantasy, medieval fantasy, and sci-fi.
- Racial Conflicts Based On Powerful Plot: You can freely choose one of the two contesting races-vampires, the Slayers. Minor territorial conflicts naturally cause small battles between the races. In the Sacred Ground of Adam, large-scale warfare between the races and siege between guilds take place, with integral elements of strategy.
- Distinguished Racial Features: Two systems coexist in Dark Eden by race. Vampires use the level system and the Slayers the skill system. Each race shows its distinct features in its growth system, items, skills, and classes. There are various vehicles or magic to take you across the vast map such as motorcycle, helicopter, bat, warp tunnel, sylph, jam, Horn of the Earth Elemental. Each race has its own strengths and weaknesses. Ousters, the third race of Darkeden, is half human and half vampire with using magic listed below.
- Time Influence: The night and day cycle not only affects the vision of the characters or the change in the environments, but has different effects on different races. While vampires are more powerful at night, the Slayers become relatively more powerful during the day.
- Rank System: A rank system has been separately implemented from the level system. For every rank you achieve, you can selectively learn rank skills.
- Diverse Skills: Vampires can use about 40 different skills and magic. Slayers can use about 100 skills and magic. In addition to this, there are approximately 30 different passive skills according to the rank of the character.
Darkeden is a hack-and-slash game, which requires the players to kill hordes of monsters in order to make their character progress. This character progression varies according to the different races with slayers only having to attack a monster/player to gain experience points whereas vampires need to kill the monster/player and drink its blood to gain the full extent of the experience points available while ousters just have to kill to gain these points.
There exists three different time periods that regulate the battles in Helea. The first period takes place between 9h and 16h59 which is called day time or full day. During that period, vampires are at their weakest and slayers and ousters have the upper hand on them. The second time period happens between 21h and 4h59 which is night time or full night. It is during that lapse of time that vampires are the most efficient and cause the most damage to their preys. Finally, the periods comprised between 5h - 8h59 and 17h - 20h59 are the transition time during which slayers, ousters and vampires fight on the same ground.
Darkeden has the ability for players to change the race of their character in the middle of his/her progression. If a human is bitten by a vampire (player and mob alike) s/he will turn into a vampire unless s/he cures himself or herself before 6 to 12h depending on the version of the game or, in the case of the Japanese version, if the player is normally drained or drained if a vampire used his/her D bar.
Pentium 3- 450Mz
128MB B of Video Memory
Looking for more Free MMORPGs,Free MMOs games?