Aion review:Developed by NCsoft for Windows.
Aion is a recently converted to free to play massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG). The game combines PvP and PvE (a concept the developers call PvPvE) in a fantasy game environment.
FREE TO PLAY MODEL
For new players there are only a few limitations, that concern trading and chat amongst others.
A Gold Pack offers players the complete game experience and gives many advantages such as shorter cooldown times for instances or more Abyss points for victories in PvP. All game options are unlocked - for example, players will be able to use the complete chat as well as all trading functions and gather an unlimited daily amount of aether and essences.
The world of Atreia is inhabited by two playable factions, the Asmodians and the Elyos, along with a third non-playable faction (the Balaur):
The Asmodians: The Asmodians are a brave and hardy people, separated from the Elyos by the Epic Cataclysm and plunged into a world of darkness and despair.
The Elyos: The Elyos occupy the lower half of Atreia, known as Elysea. After the Epic Cataclysm, they found themselves bathed in sunlight for over 750 years and, as a result, have transformed into a beautiful and radiant people.
The Balaur: The term “Balaur” invokes images of terror and fear for the level of destruction that they caused, and continue to cause, in Atreia.
There are four primary classes that players can select from when they create a new character: Warrior, Scout, Mage and Priest. Once you have gained enough experience, you will be able to ascend to one of the two specialized classes available to your primary class.
- Warrior; Fearsome and hulking, a Warrior’s way is found more through brute force and great resilience than guile and trickery. However, do not be fooled into thinking that Warriors are brainless or simple-minded. Can be templar or gladiator.
- Scout; If the Warrior is about grit, power and sheer strength, then the Scout concerns itself more with speed, agility and awareness. Scouts are complex men and women who pride themselves on a delicate touch and a measured approach. Can be assassin or ranger.
- mage; A Mage, while incredibly powerful, can be exceptionally vulnerable. They are able to deal out terrifying, awe-inspiring levels of damage at range, while taking little in return. Mages have command over the elements, summoning raging fireballs and chains of the coldest ice to wreak havoc over ranks of the enemy. Can be sorcerer or spiritmaster.
- priest; Finally, the Priest is arguably the backbone of any successful group. Their ability to keep allies alive even in the direst of circumstances cannot be underestimated, and Priests can be absolutely vital in ensuring groups survive against the most pressing challenges in Atreia. Can be chanter or cleric.
During the Cataclysm, the Tower of Eternity was shattered. When this occurred Atreia was sundered into two halves, leaving a base for the tower on each half of the world. Between the tower’s bases a great disharmonious resonance began to flow. This is where the Abyss lies.
After centuries have passed, the two factions, Elysean and Asmodian, began to discover entry points into the realm of the Abyss from their homelands. Many of the expeditions sent to explore these gates never returned. Finally, gates to permanent portions of the Abyss were found. These are now known as an Abyssal Gate. This part of the Abyss was soon to be called Reshanta.
Combat in Reshanta is much like anywhere else in Atreia. However, because you can fly anywhere in the Abyss, you may find yourself in flight when fighting. You may find some skills no longer available in flight, though you can also find that your passive flight skills will take effect and you will receive bonuses depending on the class you have picked.
You will receive your wings at Level 10 when you ascend to a Daeva. There are many different aspects to flight in Aion, which plays a vital role in Travel, Combat, Quests, and Crafting. Your Flight Meter is located at the bottom of your screen to the left of your Mini-Map and will give you all of the information you need to know about controls and limitations.
At first you will only be able to fly in certain areas, called flight zones. Your ability to fly will be indicated by your Flight Meter, which will light up when you enter a flight zone. Flight is limited to 60 seconds, but can be increased with various armor, titles, and other items in-game.
Any item that can be crafted is actually composed of several individual components, or materials. You can either learn which materials you need for a particular item automatically or via purchase of the design. Generally these materials must be purchased from vendors or from other players, gathered out in the wild (via collection or extraction), crafted already, or morphed. Not everything can be crafted, however. The crafting professions are:
- Weaponsmithing: With this ability you can create many forms of melee weapons, including swords, Daggers, Polearms, Swords, Greatswords, and Maces. Also includes the ability to work with some metals.
- Armorsmithing: The ability to create all types of Chain Armor and Plate Armor, as well as helmets and crafting materials made from metal.
- Handicrafting: This allows you to create Staves and Bows (generally things made of wood), plus a variety of accessories such as Necklaces, Earrings, and Rings.
- Tailoring: This allows you to make Cloth Armor, Leather Armor, and Belts.
- Alchemy: Unfortunately this isn’t the art of turning lead into gold (not yet anyway), but instead the art of making magical items: Orbs, Spellbooks, Potions, and Scrolls.
- Cooking: Adventurers live on their stomach, and with Cooking you can feed them nicely. Of course, Food and Drink isn’t just nutritional, but can quickly restore health and mana as well as give other abilities a temporary boost.
Microsoft Windows XP SP2
2.8GHz CPU or equivalent
ATI x700 or NVIDIA 5900 Ultra with 128MB RAM or higher
15GB hard disk space
Direct X 9.0c (6/2008 update)
Broadband Internet connection
Looking for more Free MMORPGs,Free MMOs games?